Looks like I’m posting about once a month these days. Not exactly the stellar writing performance I was going for. At least I’m still going.
In a previous post, I committed myself to trying something new every week. I’m not sure I’ve stuck with that either, but I’ve made huge strides. As a incurable introvert and relative recluse, my goal is to force myself out of my comfort zone – both physically and emotionally. To an extrovert, these successes are laughable. To me they are pure gold. I’m proud to say that during the last couple of months I:
- attended a party without knowing anyone.
- accepted an invitation to spend Christmas with an acquaintance and her friends/family (again, without knowing anyone).
- tried a new restaurant
- started a journal/art journal
- went to church – three times, including Christmas Eve.
- joined the YMCA. (OK, not the first time. But first time in a LONG time.)
- attempted to attend a yoga class (which ended up being canceled that night, but I went!)
- signed up for new yoga class – again canceled (trying again tomorrow).
- went to an art gathering in Charlottesville
- committed to a second art gathering in Charlottesville, but backed out because it was in the single-digits (I’m committed, not stupid).
- risked losing friends by being open and honest so I can move on with my life. Results still pending.
- committed to going out tonight to an event occurring past 8pm!!!!
- committed myself to go to a movie this weekend. In an actual theater, not Netflix.
I may have forgotten an thing or two, but I think this was a pretty good start. I’m paying close attention to happenings around town and will continue to attempt one new thing a week. It’s a small town, but surely there’s enough going on to help get me through the winter.